In the summer of 2007 I hiked the Pacific Crest Trail from Mexico to Canada. I hiked the trail in 79 days 21 hours and 42 minutes, which set a new unassisted record. I also kept a daily journal and will share them with all whom wants to follow my journey on Americas great wilderness trail.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Although this was a record hike, it was also a grand wilderness experience, where I became one with nature. A majority of my time was spent walking alone through wild places, stepping quietly without the sounds of hiking poles. I witnessed incredible natural occurrences, with both wildlife and the environment.

It is these moments that I would like to share, as well as the trial and tribulations of a record setting hike. For as I progressed northward I began to understand why I enjoy hiking, and why I like covering as much ground as possible. I found the pleasure was not just in mileage, but also living in the wilds as well. The more I traveled through desert, mountains, and forrest, the more I felt alive.

I hope that by sharing my daily journals, I can touch others, and perhaps intrigue some to take a long journey into the wilderness, for this hike was one of the most incredible experiences of my life.